Problem in Transactional Replication

• We have around 700 tables, we have created a transactional replicatoin, it works fine, all of a sudden it stops replicating and my db is of 40 GB, how to trouble shoot this. I tried to reinitialize even then it dint work, in the replication monitor it shows under publisher to distributor history it says 10 transactions , where as in the other tab it shows nothing, i tried updating a value in a table and waited for replication to happen, but it dint. can any one suggest me the solution for this.

• What error does it show?

Try adding a token and see if that token is successful.

-Roy

• It doesnt fire any error in the replication monitor, if i try to update any existing value of any table it will not replicate.

• Did you try pushing a token across?

-Roy

• Also how was the DB in the subscriber initialized? Was it Snapshot or Sync with back up?

-Roy

• It is through a transactional replication with the help snapshot, initialy main db was backuped, restored in a different server, then create a publisher and snapshot created then the subscriber was pushed.

• Can you run SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('Your Database Name', 'IsSyncWithBackup'); and let me know what is the result?

-Roy

• As of now i have re created the replication and hence its working, now if i execute the mentioned query i am getting 0 as the output. Please help me regarding this.

• That means it is not set to Sync with back up. It should be propagating the changes to Subscriber without much latency. Since you restarted the replication again keep monitoring for latency. If you see any issue again, fire a token and see what is the latency. Keep an eye on the SQL Server log to see if it throws some error or warning.

-Roy

• What should be the output of this query,

SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('Your Database Name', 'IsSyncWithBackup');

how to check the latency is there any query to do the same, please help.

• The output is correct for your set up. When the output is 1, then means that your replication set up is Sync with back up. When you have that set up, it means the changes will be propagated to the subscriber only when Transaction log back up is done. In your case that is not the issue.

If you open the replication monitor on the subscriber watch list tab, the last column is the latency. You can see how many seconds of latency there is.

If you click on the publisher on the left panel of the monitor you will also get the tab for Tracer tokens. Use it to trace the problem when you face one.

-Roy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply