Problem Connecting to a server with default instance

• Just installed the latest version of SQL Server. This is a clean install (although SQL 2000 was on my machine). But for some reason it did not install the MSSQLSERVER service.

Any idea on what may cause this.

I am in the process pf killing the SQL 2000 installation, and then reinstalling SQL 2005, but if that can be avoided I would be very happy.

Thanks

• Which OS you are installing it on ?

did it show any eror message that it is not installing database server and installing only client .

• >Which OS you are installing it on ?

XP Pro

>did it show any eror message that it is not installing >database server and installing only client .

Nope. I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the entire 2005. In the meantime I had to go in an manually edit the registry to kill all the old instances of 200. For some reason, it didn't upgrade 2000 correctly.

• >Which OS you are installing it on ?

XP Pro

>did it show any eror message that it is not installing >database server and installing only client .

Nope. I ended up doing a complete reinstall of the entire 2005. In the meantime I had to go in an manually edit the registry to kill all the old instances of 200. For some reason, it didn't upgrade 2000 correctly.

>> actually you can install the SQL server in XP Pro if your installer is SQL desktop edition with Service agent Server but if it is SQL Enterprise Edition you cannot install the Service Agent Server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply