Printing issues.. Custom page size??

• I have some RS 2K5 reports that will not print at the printer without manually selecting which paper tray to use at the printer.  However, if when I click the RS printer icon and then go through all the printer options, I see the page size is set to something like 300mm x whatever... definately not the 8.5" x 11.0" that the report is based upon.  If I select LETTER size from the printer dialog box, all will print correctly at the printer.

All of the report specs are set to the correct Letter paper size.  It doesn't matter if it's landscape or portrait.  It's really odd.  Some reports work, some don't.  We just upgraded to SS2K5 sp1 without a change in this behavior.

Ideas, comments or snide remarks anyone?

- Mark

• I am not sure if I understood your question, but per my knowledge printer would take the default paper size configured on the mapped printer. And if your default setting is set to Legal on that printer, automatically when you navigate to the page size through the reporting print icon, it would be mapped to legal.

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Yeah.. that's not the issue I'm describing.  I have a RS report that is defined as 8.5" x 11.0 ".  The preview of the report looks fine, however when I click PRINT in the RS menu, the OS says it printed however, when I go to the printer to get my report it's trapped in the print que waiting for me to manually select the correct paper size because the print job cannot determine the correct paper size.

If instead of just clicking on PRINT, I go through the various printer options on the print dialog box, where one can change the paper size, I see that the print job THINKS the paper size that Reporting Services is sending is 215.9mm x 279.4mm and is defined as a CUSTOM page size.  At this point I can change it to LETTER and hit print and it prints directly to the printer without landing in Printer Que Limbo.

Why is RS telling the Printer that the paper size is 215.9mm x 279.4mm when I defined the report as 8.5" x 11"?  Not on all reports, but enough to make it frustrating.

• If you click on the layout tab and then click on the little square that is in the upper left hand corner at the intersection of the two rulers and then check the properties you will see the page size. I think one of these properties may have been changed.

Stuart

• Nope.. the Page Layout is set correctly in RS at the intersection of the rulers, under Properties, Layout..

Any other places to look?

- Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply