primary database coruppeted,it is in the suspected mode want to retrive

• Hi

All

my DB, please provide any step by step procudure for the .

It look like this satmman(suspect)

primary database coruppeted,it is in the suspected mode want to retrive.

Regards

sat

• primary database coruppeted

primary = master?

-then, do you have a backup?

-- you will have to start sql in single user mode (-m) and restore it.

if master <> primary

do you have a recent backup of your Database?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Hi

I dont have the Back,please check the below query what i am running.

EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘yourDBname’;

ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET EMERGENCY

DBCC checkdb(‘yourDBname’)

ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE

DBCC CheckDB (‘yourDBname’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)

ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET MULTI_USER

Regards

sat

• Results?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• did you check your SQL errorlog for clues as to why database might be suspect?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• during the redoing of loged opertion in database ,error error occured at log record id(861440:534:21)

• and you don't have a backup of this database?

can i suggest to you that you google that error for information and run a DBCC checkdb all_errormsgs, no_infomsgs just to see what the minimum recovery option is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• SAT SQL. Please check the error log of SQL Server first and see what is happening. Maybe it could be resolved. Also do what George Sibbald said. It is very important to ghet all the info before you do any kind of recovery.

-Roy

• It would help if you could post the full error message(s) you have found in the SQL Server log files.

• Please post all messages in the error log and exactly what you've done until this point. Also the output of SELECT @@Version

I suggest you don't make any more attempts to fix anything until we can look at the errors.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I would strongly suggest, if you don't have the skills in-house to fix this, call MS's customer support people. They will charge you, but it's better than depending on people to help out in their free time for a major production problem,

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • SAT_SQL (2/23/2010)

Hi

All

Regards

sat

Check error logs first as everyone said. Check with Server Team, they might have changed drive or disk drive might went offline and came back online. If you see any error message like "Device activation error" then it may due to disk went offline. If you have good backups restore on another server and keep business running. As Gail asked in last post what is the SQL version? What is the status column value when you query select * from sysdatabases.

EnjoY!

EnjoY!
  • GT-897544 (2/23/2010)

SAT_SQL (2/23/2010)

Hi

All

Regards

sat

Check error logs first as everyone said. Check with Server Team, they might have changed drive or disk drive might went offline and came back online. If you see any error message like "Device activation error" then it may due to disk went offline. If you have good backups restore on another server and keep business running. As Gail asked in last post what is the SQL version? What is the status column value when you query select * from sysdatabases.

EnjoY!

Good, you asked him to check the error logs and check with other members in IT. Only thing, if you reread the OP's second post, you will see that he said he didn't have a backup of the database.

If he is able to recover the database, he really needs to setup a backup plan.

• Apologies, I missed that point.

EnjoY!

EnjoY!
  • Gail,

The above mention query i am running , now it came from suspect mode to EMERGENCY mode.

The error what i written was the first attemped error when this was suspect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply