Previous Years Report

• gazy007 (7/2/2015)

Thanks Luis, But I am not getting right numbers for 2015 and 2016 as we need to get for the whole year rather than getdate() or today. I hope I am making sense here.

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(PeriodEnd) = YEAR(DATEADD(YY, 0,)))) THEN Value Else 0 End) as '2015'

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(PeriodEnd) = YEAR(DATEADD(YY, 1,)))) THEN Value Else 0 End) as '2016'

Thanks Luis.

Why do you believe that you're getting numbers for just one day?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • I am not getting any data when I add 2015 and 2016 line as it carries on for 3 minutes and then I cancel the query.

I am not 100% sure what is causing the issue?

• gazy007 (7/2/2015)

I am not getting any data when I add 2015 and 2016 line as it carries on for 3 minutes and then I cancel the query.

I am not 100% sure what is causing the issue?

on june 11th...Luis gave you a very good example of how to post example data.....me thinks that if you follow this example and provide details of your expected results based on the example data, that you will very quickly get a tried and tested response.

will save you (and others) a lot of time

just my two cents 🙂

• gazy007 (7/2/2015)

Thanks Luis, But I am not getting right numbers for 2015 and 2016 as we need to get for the whole year rather than getdate() or today. I hope I am making sense here.

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(PeriodEnd) = YEAR(DATEADD(YY, 0,)))) THEN Value Else 0 End) as '2015'

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(PeriodEnd) = YEAR(DATEADD(YY, 1,)))) THEN Value Else 0 End) as '2016'

Thanks Luis.

Since you are hard coding the column labels ('2015', '2016'), why don't you simplify the query with:

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR(PeriodEnd) = 2015 THEN Value Else 0 End) as '2015'

Don Simpson

I'm not sure about Heisenberg.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply