perfmon

• I wanted to perfmon an active/passive production cluster as it seems to have performance issues. I am curious about the impact of perfmon on the cluster if it is already burdened... Is running perfmon from the passive node an option? or can I just set it up on the active node. Was planning to set it to collect data every 15 seconds and leave the log running and collect data for about 10 hours.

The other option was to collect data from another server in another datacenter and the network between the two datacenters is bad. I know that this wouldn't cause any visible impact, but I have only tried previously from either the same datacenter or locally on the server. Please let me know which is the best option? would also like to know if it will have any impact on the cluster if it was locally collected.

• run perfmon on the active node.

You'll be writing directly to disk instead of across the network AND to disk.

perfmon is lightweight.

I think you shouldn't notice it running.

It's not at all like running a wide open SQL Trace to your laptop. Perfmon just grabs counters that are always running and writes them to a file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply