Paging (or sporadic behavior of) causing problems

• I'm confused by paging.  I'm using a table with two groups.  I have deleted the second group footer and only have 1 empty footer for the outermost group (group_1).  This enables the report to actaully have pages when viewed (if I delete this group footer the report is 1 big page on-line) but they are not the same page breaks that are calculated when printed.  The user cannot use the print page of XX thorugh XX because you never know where the pages are going to break.

Has anyone found a place that has a good explanation of how pages should work?  Can I turn them off for viewing and on for printing (and have group totals)?  Can I specify anything that controls paging except the page size in inches (which allows me to do lanscape properly)?

• Jane,

Check this blog, this might help you but it didn't state exactly what you are looking for:

http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/08/19/454043.aspx

Yes, you can specify cm (centimeter) or mm (millimeter) etc in place of in (inches) for controlling page size, but that will only help when exporting like PDF or printing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply