Output to flat file with no delimiter

• Hello all,

Is there an easy way to output my records to a flat file connection with no delimiter?  The flat file connection manager forces you to either select one of the ones they have or type in a custom one (ie just clearing it out won't work which is basically what I want).  I just want to output all my columns next to one another without any delimiter.

To add, I'd rather not have to add a script component (or derived column) and concatenate them to one column as there are way too many columns.

Any suggestions on accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 21 hours, 7 minutes ago by  stricknyn.
  • How will anyone or anything be able to read such a file, if everything is jumbled together and the columns are not in fixed positions?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• I'm assuming you wish to generate a file with fixed size columns - do you need it to be fixed size record as well or can it be line delimited (e.g. each record is on its own line)?

there are 2 options to choose

Fixed width - this is fixed size record - like what would be used in Mainframes and on Cobol program.

Ragged Right - this is the line delimited - used by many other programs.

ssis_file_setting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply