Output Param Issue

• I am calling a stored proc via ASP/ADO code and occassionaly get the following error:

Formal parameter '@param' was defined as OUTPUT but the actual parameter not declared OUTPUT.

The curious thing is neither the stored proc or ASP/ADO code have defined the paramater as an OUTPUT.

Has anyone else encountered this or have suggestions?

In the below example @pageType is the parameter I get the error with.

Stored Proc Code

----------------------

ALTER Procedure pred_getProductRedirect

@productGUID uniqueidentifier,

@productRedirectType int,

@pageType int,

@targetURL varchar(200) OUTPUT

AS BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON

DECLARE @targetGUID uniqueidentifier

DECLARE @return int

-- Retrieve the target product GUID.

SELECT@targetGUID = pred_TargetGUID

FROMECM_ProductRedirect

WHEREprd_GUID = @productGUID AND pred_ProductRedirectType = @productRedirectType

-- Retrieve the URL for the target GUID and page type.

EXEC @return = pred_GetPageRedirect @targetGUID, @pageType, @targetURL OUTPUT

IF (@return <> 0) RETURN -1

-- Update statistics.

UPDATEECM_ProductRedirect

SETpred_Count = pred_Count + 1

WHEREprd_GUID = @productGUID AND pred_ProductRedirectType = @productRedirectType

RETURN 0

END

ASP/ADO Code

----------------------

Set oCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

With oCmd

.ActiveConnection = oCnn

.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc

.CommandText = "pred_getProductRedirect"

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@return", adInteger, adParamReturnValue)

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@prodGUID", adGUID, adParamInput, , sProdGUID)

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@productRedirectType", adInteger, adParamInput, , nProductRedirectType)

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@pageType", adInteger, adParamInput, , nPageType)

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@targetURL", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 200)

Call .Execute(,,adExecuteNoRecords)

• Looks ok - maybe the params collection is not getting set to nothing, ending up with extra params? Just a guess.

Andy

• quote:

.Parameters.Append = .CreateParameter("@targetURL", adVarChar, adParamOutput, 200)

adParamOutput is your OUTPUT variable defined. I see nothing wrong here. But also I don't see this variable

quote:

@targetURL varchar(200) OUTPUT

being set anywhere inside your SP code. May be chocking on a NULL value. Try setting it to 'a' in you SP code to see what happens then.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply