Online course, practice test and/or virtual lab suggestion for 70-431

• I'm planning on taking MCTS exam 70-431 for SQL Server 2005 in the fall, and so far I've been using the self-paced MS training kit book but am thinking about signing up for some online labs/courses to help reinforce the content. I've found the practice questions and lessons the come with the book to be pretty rudimentary and need something more directed to kick me into study and learn mode.

I'm looking at the online courses, practice exams and virtual labs at Transcender, MeasureUp or SelfTest. Any feedback on those vendors and if the courses helped you with the exam? I have my own installation of SQL 2005 on my laptop that I can play around with, so I'm not sure if the virtual lab is really worth the money. But I do need some structured tutorials or lessons to work through - I'm too easily distracted if I'm just "playing around". Do the online courses offer good opportunities to work through a problem or lesson?

Thanks,

Marcy

• I suggest you go through the all the Hands-on exercises given in the Self paced book. Also you need to understand that you have covered all the topics related to exam. Make sure you will able to perform all the administrative task by using SSMS along with some T-SQL code.

The Ms Press self paced training materials covers all the objectives of the exam. Make sure you understand the content well and practice all the exercises as many times as possible. I was using the same during my certification exam. Its a good guide...

All the best for your exam....

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply