"NOT" Lookup Data Flow Transformation?

• I'm looking to learn to use SSIS, but can't seem to find a tool in the Data Flow Transformations that I think should be there. I'm essentially trying to do:

select a.*

from a

left outer join b on a.id = b.id

where b.id is null

Or to give a fuller picture of what I'm trying to do, I basically have to update a table from another table but only insert the new rows. We're not concerned with updates or deleted entries (lucky me). I don't see how to do this with Lookup or Merge Join. Am I missing something?

• Hi..

you need to go to the Configure Error output button on lookup Tx and say redirect row in the first row only...then you will get a red arrow down that you canuse to get new records...coming from lookup

Regards

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• ahh I thought that was used for errors not the exculsion. let me try that

thankx

• ok I found an additional way to do mostly what I want. I use a "lookup" followed by a "Conditional Split" which then I can use an ISNULL feature to find either NEW rows and insert them or for matches have it update. What I can seem to figure out is why I can't use an additional ISNULL to find the rows I would need to delete. its like lookup does a left/right outer join instead of a full outer. Any thoughts? I think I'm going to have to use a merge join as opposed to the Lookup.

sean

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply