Noob Azure questions...

• Sorry for the dumb questions - I'm using a 60-day dev trial of Azure, and I don't want to do anything crazy expensive, because it's my personal account.

I have lots of CSV files in Azure blob storage, and that's okay for holding the data, but I'm using the data for a PowerBI report, so I'd rather load all that data into my data warehouse and use that as the source for my report. (maybe use composite model).

what's my cheapest option for that? SQL Database, and then just use data pipelines to unpack all those blobs and stuff the contents into an indexed table? The data tables are like 700MB (yeah, the ones I was talking about elsewhere and managed to load into my local database with BULK INSERT.

I don't need this to stay long, but long enough to test a report and test a few different options.

• There's a free SQL database option: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/free-offer?view=azuresql

100,000 vCPU minutes/month, 32GB max DB size. You can set the "Behavior when free limit reached" option to 'Auto-pause the database until next month' to prevent charges.

Eddie Wuerch
    MCM: SQL

• Oh, cool!

Thanks Eddie!

I may be sorted... I have to patch up my format file and then I can just do this to move my data from BLOB storage to my table:

Import CSV file from Azure Blob Storage into Azure SQL Database using T-SQL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply