"No rows updated", migrating from acces into SQL 2005

• Hi , i was trying to upsize my database from access into SQL server, and i had problems in 2 tables only, the sql could not copy them, he is giving :

No rows was updated

the data row 1200 was not committed

Error source : .net sql client data provider

Error message :String or binary data would be truncated

correct the errors and retry

Could any one help please

thanks

• It probably means exactly what it says - some string data (probably not binary) would be truncated in the upgrade... .This means that the target column in SQL Server is smaller than the source data.  Could you tell us the structure of the two tables in Access?  Perhaps you could create the tables in MS SQL and then try upsizing (have never used the wizard so I don't know what it does if the tables already exist)?

• Hi Ian,

The error msg :

"Error message :String or binary data would be truncated" generally occurs when the source data type is not the same as the destination data type. Incase you have created a destination table with the same field list, just compare the data type for each col b.w your source table and the destination table. I hope this should solve your problem.

Scorp

• Hi,

Actually, i didn't create any tables in MSSQL server, all i did is upsized the data from access into sql, and the strange thing is that i have 4 tables almost the same design, containing memo fields and date and time and text, all of the tables migrated successfully except one giving me the date and time should me between x and 9999, i edited the information and itr worked, but there is still one giving me truncated, i am thinking of the memo fields, because SQL is not giving me which fields should be truncated, so i am thinking of converting the memo into text and try, any help ?? thanks

Cmatni

• Hi,

Actually, i didn't create any tables in MSSQL server, all i did is upsized the data from access into sql, and the strange thing is that i have 4 tables almost the same design, containing memo fields and date and time and text, all of the tables migrated successfully except one giving me the date and time should me between x and 9999, i edited the information and itr worked, but there is still one giving me truncated, i am thinking of the memo fields, because SQL is not giving me which fields should be truncated, so i am thinking of converting the memo into text and try, any help ?? thanks

Cmatni

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply