No Import/Export option in sqlserver2005

• when i right click on databases then there is not any option of import/export data in allTasks option.

please help:

Thanks

• you are using SQLExpress, which does not come with SS Integration Services.

SLQ Express with Advanced Services, just comes with the management GUI and reporting services.

SQL Server Developer , which is only around $50 dollars, includes SSIS, and thus the import/export utilities as well.

if you purchase it, you will have to uninstall Express and then install developer, i think. I had a lot of trouble trying to install Developer over the top of Express, and finally had to do a clean install.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Is Sql server Developer edition available for free?

I am not going to buy now!

can this problem be solved by some other way?

Harpreet

• Hi,

I wish Microsoft can give it free.... 🙂 but lets come to reality its not. You can try to download 180 days trial version of it. If SSMS is part of it (which I belive it is) then you will be able to use this SSMS to connect to rest of databases. 🙂

Please download trial version from below link.

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/trial-software.aspx

Regards

GURSETHI

• Hi,

You can use BCP instead. Just take time to build yours scipts.

regards

• sql server 2008 express has import/export.

right-click on yourdatabasename, then click tasks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply