no idea plz help

• Hi all,

Please lemme me know i have a transactional replication implemented on our servers,

what if there are some changes in proc or func or trigg or we hav to add tables proc etc

i know i can do the changes on publication but wat abut subcription do the changes or adding of the proc .tables etc.. automatically goes to the subscriber or we hav to manually do it.

• please reply asap... gail require ur help...........

• Patience. This is a forum, not a chat room. Bumping your post after 30 min is entirely unnecessary. When someone who can help you comes along they will help you.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • hello waiting for the reply.............................

• If you add a new table on the publication, u need to generate a new snapshot and re-synchronize.

Pradeep Singh

• I sugget you to read book on replication by Apress

[font="Verdana"]Thanks
    Chandra Mohan[/font]

• SamSql, What type of replication have you set up? Have you added all the stored procs as well to be replicated? If so, then the stored procs will also get replicated if it is an alter statement. If you are creating a new object, you will have to add those to your existing publication or create a new publication for that and start up the snapshot agent. This will initialize the data or create the object accordingly.

-Roy

• Go to Your Local publisher Folder

then select your publisher choose properties then choose Subscription Options Check schema replication is true if not make it true.

This will replicate schema changes to subscribers

• Pradyothana Shastry (6/18/2009)

Go to Your Local publisher Folder

then select your publisher choose properties then choose Subscription Options Check schema replication is true if not make it true.

This will replicate schema changes to subscribers

This option replicates DDL changes on the published articles to subscriber. If there is addition of a new article, this option wont propagate that article. The new article must be added to the publication as mentioned by Roy. OP wants to add tables as well...

Pradeep Singh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply