Newguy backup questions

• Hi,

I've been using MSSQL 2000 for a year now, and have just started playing with 2005 - but really have just been designing my systems using diagrams including relationships (PK, FK) and such. But I've never really gotten into creating my own indexing, views or scripts. I want to start expanding. I have a base new system with several tables and relationships. The tables are all empty, except for some of my master tables, which have default code/descriptions. How do I go about creating the scripts to store all of this information - the db and the data, so that down the road, after testing, I can run it to drop everything and re-add the base setup? I've looked at using the generate scripts, but I'm worried I'm leaving something out, or just don't have the perspective. I'm on a hosted account at discountasp.net - if that impacts my options - I mean I don't know that I can backup the entire db. Thanks, and any input is apprecieated

• This might seem like too obvious of a solution but, just run a backup and restore when you need to.  Why do you want to have it in a script?

Peter Cwik

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply