Newbie Expect stupid questions

• Hi I'm new here.

I've been involved in the IT industry for 36 years and have always been involved in large systems starting in the mainframe days of ICL ME29, VME Series 39 and COBOL.

Obviously as Unix replaced mainframes in many businesses I moved over to UNIX and have been involved in many transfers to UNIX from proprietary OS.

The company I now work for runs a PROGRES 4GL UNIX based ERP system which runs the company and processes over 2.5 million invoice lines a year. It deals with stock, production, sales & purchase ledgers, aged debt etc.....

Recently a contractor was brought in to develop a Data Warehouse using MSSQL. We now have a very professional and integrated DW with mainly automated reports sent out 1st thing in the morning with an order update midday. I say mainly because we are having a few problems that MS are looking into.

So whilst I have plenty of experience with Databases & coding some of the terminology is new and unfamiliar. I'm slowly working out what this means and in most cases I just know it as something different so that's OK.

But be prepared for some newby silly questions.

• Mick Moses (11/18/2010)

But be prepared for some newby silly questions.

Welcome on board.

There is no such thing as a silly question, just bad questions.

Take a quick look at this article http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/ for the 'Rules' 🙂

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply