Network error

• We are getting the message below for different jobs, some of these jobs are running fairly simple stored procedures:

"Executed as user: SQLSERVER\administrator. ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 10054) General network error. Check your network documentation. [SQLSTATE 08S01] (Error 11). The step failed."

Does anybody familiar with that kind of problem?

Thank you,

Igor

Igor Birioukov

Igor Birioukov

• May seem obvious but may be worth asking..

Were any kind of checks done on your network

Just in case?

Mike

• Well, I am programmer and I am trying to get an idea what is going on.

Per our network team we have the best network ever 🙁

Igor Birioukov

Igor Birioukov

• What are you doing that requires network access?

K. Brian Kelley, GSEC

http://www.truthsolutions.com/

Author: Start to Finish Guide to SQL Server Performance Monitoring

http://www.netimpress.com/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• We saw those kinds of errors when one of our locations added a firewall. Don't know the particulars, but it took weeks for the network guys to figure it out. You may just ask them what might have changed.

Linda

• We get this error on just about all database access through Enterprise Manager every time we reboot the server. I am not sure that this is exactly the same problem, but here is what I have done to remedy it in our scenario:

On the server verify the port number for the instance in Server Network Utility. Then check the Client Network utility Alias (on the server and all clients) port number. They must be the same, even if you are using named pipes. Our problem is that we had static port assignments on the client side that were not the default for the server on reboot. Now, my problem..... does anyone know how I can modify the port numbers on the server so that we can specify the port number and they remain static even on a reboot.

Thanks,

Julie

• quote:

What are you doing that requires network access?

K. Brian Kelley, GSEC

Brian, thank you for the good question.

Some of jobs are running very simple queries on local SQL Server. But I would like to beleive that I found the trace. Some of the databases have owner different Active directory and local server account but not sa. All SQL servers are in active directory.

Could it be the reason why SQL server trying to use network resources, for example to active directory authentication?

Thanks,

Igor

Igor Birioukov

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply