Need quick info for new setup

• I am from a small company. My location is changed and I am given the authority to set up all the new sql server installation and all. This is very challenging. I have one question here. If my company buy one license of sql server enterprise edition then at how many m\c I can install this? How many instance can I create with this legally? This is the first time I am going to do so I need this quick information. Enterprise edition is too costly so is there any trial version also?... I searched and I found that there is no trial version 🙁 for enterprise edition.

-lk

• luckysql.kinda (9/11/2009)

I am from a small company. My location is changed and I am given the authority to set up all the new sql server installation and all. This is very challenging. I have one question here. If my company buy one license of sql server enterprise edition then at how many m\c I can install this? How many instance can I create with this legally? This is the first time I am going to do so I need this quick information. Enterprise edition is too costly so is there any trial version also?... I searched and I found that there is no trial version 🙁 for enterprise edition.

-lk

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/pricing-licensing-faq.aspx#licensing

All you need to know.

There are evaluation editions, but they are just that! They last 180 days, I believe.

The only free version of SQL Server is Express which is limited in functionality!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply