Need information on past SQL Summits, please...

• I'm endeavoring to convince my employer to send me to SQL Summit this year, but I'm going to need to "sell" that it would be worthwhile for them to do this.  And sell it not just to my supervisor, but to his supervisor and to her superior.

Now, I fully expect that there's going to be far more seminars, workshops, and panels that would be both interesting and worthwhile, but...

The schedule for this year of said seminars, workshops, and panels isn't available yet, and I work best with "hard" data to use.

So I'm hoping someone who's gone to a previous Summit might still have a copy of the workshops, etc, just to give me something to work off of.  Ideally, and I know I'm being picky, a more recent listing would be better, but frankly, even a 10yr old listing would be a starting point...

Thanks all!

• Here's all the recordings from the 2021 virtual event. That'll give you some idea. Otherwise, I'd suggest using the Wayback Machine and seeing if that shows last year's agenda.

Here's a blog post I wrote up on convincing your boss.

The reason there is no agenda is because the call for speakers is still open.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Also, all previous recordings from all previous Summits are on Youtube. Well, all Summits that had recordings available. I think it only goes back a few years to 2017.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

Here's all the recordings from the 2021 virtual event. That'll give you some idea. Otherwise, I'd suggest using the Wayback Machine and seeing if that shows last year's agenda.

Here's a blog post I wrote up on convincing your boss.

The reason there is no agenda is because the call for speakers is still open.

I was hoping there'd be a link like that.  I know there was one in the email about this years Summit going back to in-person only, but by the time I found out I was going to need to convince the higher-ups, the link no longer worked (it just went to the Summit '23 sign up pages)

Thank you sir!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply