Need help import xsd

• I have 5 xsd which I have to download quarterly. They call a large amount of xml files which are also down loaded.

I would like help on getting this information into my SQL database using the schemas provided. I believe a bullk import would work with the XML files but I do not think that will keep the set up the same as the schema.

I have done a bulk import using 1 XML file but not using hundreds of xml files.

Thank you for any assistance.

LadyDee

• SSIS (Integration Services) can be set up to import batches of files. I'd recommend looking into that as an option.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I do not see where it can do XSD or XML files. I know how to do T-SQL's etc using SSIS.

Thank you

LadyDee

• In your data flow object, you can select an XML data source, and pick a file for the connection for it. Then you can make the file variable and use a ForEachNext loop to get all the files.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• The main xsd file when I try to read it in it states that it is too large.

Here is a little information on the files:

All files in the folders below are the imbedded XSD’s referenced through include statements in the primary XSD’s. These XSD’s include standard OAGIS and expanded United files.

• \OAGIS-9_1-GA-070511-Schemas\Oagis\9_1\BODs\Developer

• \OAGIS-9_1-GA-070511-Schemas\Oagis\9_1\Resources\Components\Common

• \OAGIS-9_1-GA-070511-Schemas\Oagis\9_1\Resources\Components\CoreComponents

• \OAGIS-9_1-GA-070511-Schemas\Oagis\9_1\Resources\Components\Operational

• \OAGIS-9_1-GA-070511-Schemas\Oagis\9_1\Resources

• \ecdb\BODs\Resources\Components\Common

• \ecdb\BODs\Resources\NounNS

XML Files – The \XML directory includes all four types of XML files. In the root directory, there are four zipped files; one of each type. The zipped files may have a “.gz” file extension instead of the usual “.zip”.

Also available in the “individual” directories are files that are broken out for ease of loading and updating.

The individual SyncItemMaster files have a single item in each file, totaling about 40,000 files. The individual SyncCatalog files have one catalog per file, totaling about 50 files. The individual SyncProductRelationship files break this group in to smaller chunks, totaling about 30 files. Each of the three types of files will be zipped within these directories. The zipped files may have a “.gz” file extension instead of the usual “.zip”.

• \xml

• \xml\individual_items

• \xml\individual_catalogs

• \xml\individual_relationships

XSD and XML Details

Four OAGIS based nouns are used to describe the content:

• ItemMaster – Describes information about United items and includes about 95% of all the content.

• Catalog – Describes information about United publications and the items contained within.

• ProductRelationship - Describes the relationships between items such as compatibles, substitution, etc.

• PartyMaster - Describes information about the manufacturers and brands, e.g., name, logo, URL, support phone number, etc.

One OAGIS Verb is used to describe the actions

• Sync – Mass replacement or net change of data between United and customer

The above nouns and verbs relate to United 4 XSD and XML files:

• SyncItemMaster.xsd

• SyncCatalog.xsd

• SynchProductRelationship.xsd

• SyncPartyMaster.xsd

• SyncItemMaster.xml

• SyncCatalog.xml

• SynchProductRelationship.xml

• SyncPartyMaster.xml

Any area in the XSD files that reference “oa:” refer to standard OAGIS elements. Any area in the XSD files that reference “us:” refer to customer elements developed by United Stationers to accommodate data not part of the OAGIS standard.

ECDB 2.0 Technical Documentation

Page

More information on OAGIS, including complete development information, is available at http://www.openapplications.org/ and many other resources.

ECDB 2.0 Technical Documentation

Page

I went to this site and their is no information on getting this into an SQL database.

Thank you

LadyDee

• Am I understanding correctly that you have one huge file, but that it can be broken down into 40k smaller files, and that the huge file is too big to import all at once?

Property of The Thread

• The SyncItemMaster.xml is too large to even open in BI, there is also a SyncItemMaster.xsd

Thank you for your assistance

Ladydee

• If the file is too big to open, I'm not sure what to do with it. Maybe someone who knows XML a bit better will be able to help you with that.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply