Mysteriously Deleting Record

• I have an entry that just dissapeared from a table. Can this happen during a backup??  (which I think is the cause) Has anyone ever seen this happen??

• Restore, yes.  Backup, not a chance.  Are there any other users that might have deleted it?  Are you absolutely sure that the row isn't there?  Did you inadvertantly update the row with a new value that is part of your search criteria?

Steve

• Normal Users don't have permission within our VB app to update this row (only I would as admin). I was not in that table at all. I was however running test backups to an optical jukebox (which keeps failing) all day and during the time that this incident occured (not exactly sure when it was). In the logs it shows a backup job failing around the time of the incident but the Job History of this scheduled job has no such record of that happening (I have refreshed the logs and the job). There was an issue with the application not entering in data (in a completely different table) that prompted me to look into the database, then we relized that this person wasn't even associtated with this order anymore-hence deleted! 

Had us a little worried but there aren't any other issues (yet) just this one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply