Multiple datasets from one datasource RS 2008

• Hi!

Is it possible to have mutliple datasets from a single datasource in a report in RS2008??? I have two queries that I want to use in a single report because I need to perform calulatiaons based on both. I've been looking all day and I can't seem to find much information.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Michelle :ermm:

• Sure you can re-use your data source. When you select New Dataset it gives you the option of selecting a data source or creating a new one.

• Thank you Jack, I found what I was looking for. I think I just needed to get away from it for a while.

Another question for you though... I have several report variables, how would I go about using each of the variables within group scope. So that the variable isn't populating the report globally, but rather locally in the group. I imagine that some programming is required???

Thanks

Michelle

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you provide some kind of example (Variable names and how you want to use them)?

• Hi Jack,

I went to Report Properties and I created three variables;

Name | Value

Region1 | 10

Region2 | 20

Region3 | 30

And I'd like to use each of these three variables in three different groups on my report and later add a calculation. But when I add one of the variables, like 10 for example, to a cell below my group it populates that same cell in all my groups. And I'd like to have 10 in group1, 20 in group2 and 30 in group3. How would that be possible?

Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Michelle

• Another question for you though... I have several report variables, how would I go about using each of the variables within group scope. So that the variable isn't populating the report globally, but rather locally in the group. I imagine that some programming is required???

Shamwow [/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply