msysobjects blank recordset

• Okay, I'm going through and documenting our linked tables...  we're in a access 2000 environment that uses linked tables on a sql server box.  I know, crappy setup, but that's what I have to work with. 

So, I've found an incredibly easy way to identify these objects has usually been by looking at the records in msysobjects (yeah, you can do it too, run a query that consists of "select * from msysobjects").  In general, this works just fine, but I've run across a database that uses a blend of local tables and linked tables.  The same query in this database yields a handful of rows, but they contain no data, no columns even.  Can somebody explain this to me?

Thanks...

• I have NO idea... have you tried a "compact and repair" on that database to see if that might make some difference?

Butch

• Yup, tried that, also tried importing the objects into a brand new database... still, no dice.  Thanks though.

• why you get tables names from msysobjects ?

there is another solution .. to put names of your tables into a new table and query this table ...  

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

• msysobjects contains a queryable recordsource of linked table information.  So, every linked table I have that connects to one of my SQL Servers has a connection string, server name, server object name, and local object name all saved in this table.  It usually comes in handy when you're trying to find out which server a linked table belongs to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply