MSSQL 2000. Exam 70-229

• Thank you. I will have a look at those books. Igor

igor

igor

• hi all,

have anyone tried Sybex or Osborne book for exam 70-229 Database Design?

I browse amazon.com and found ALL 70-229 exam books have LOW review rating.

So what book should I buy to prepare this exam? I have Professional SQL Server programming by Robert Viera (good one!) but I need a good book focus on exam preparation too.

is XML topic asked a lot in the exam?

thanks,

anthony

• I thought my book was pretty good, but I know the complaints are mainly on the first section of the exam. We reverified our questions were similar to exam questions by retaking the live exam, however a few posters on Amazon said differently.

I'm biased and the reviews make me wonder if the exams are "regionalized" and there are different ones in different areas. It's tough to write an exam book and I think that as authors we are assuming a knowledgable audience. the book cannot teach you SQL server 2000 desgin. It is intended to assist you in preparing for the exam. You should understand the topics somewhat beforehand.

Sorry to ramble. XML is on the exam, but not a lot. You should understand how it works, however.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• see mcsebraindumps.com. Lots of good discussion and helpful folks there. i took and passed it.

• Steve, Please provide the isbn of the book that i can search from online bookstore.

by the way, when will new edition of the book release?

quote:

I thought my book was pretty good, but I know the complaints are mainly on the first section of the exam. We reverified our questions were similar to exam questions by retaking the live exam, however a few posters on Amazon said differently.

I'm biased and the reviews make me wonder if the exams are "regionalized" and there are different ones in different areas. It's tough to write an exam book and I think that as authors we are assuming a knowledgable audience. the book cannot teach you SQL server 2000 desgin. It is intended to assist you in preparing for the exam. You should understand the topics somewhat beforehand.

Sorry to ramble. XML is on the exam, but not a lot. You should understand how it works, however.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I also agree with Steve's advice to take both of the tests close together. There is some overlap between the two.

Laughing, if I hear one more person say "I have to take two more tests and then I'll make $70 000."...

Bonne Chance

Dr. Peter Venkman: Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.

Patrick

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue

• The best advice is the following 4 things:

1) Study until you are comfortable with the knowledge. Based on what MS says is covered on the test on thier website.

2) Get a good nights sleep the night before.

3) Do a little exercise right before the test. Releives stress and get the blood flowing.

4) Read each question very carefully. Relax there is plenty of time to take the test.

HTH,

Ross Boe

• My friend here used MeasureUp and just passed this last weekend. I loaned him Steve's book and he had a test prep from MeasureUp. He said the one from MeasureUp was good and close to the exam, whereas Transcebder was kind of harder than the real exam.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply