MSQL_XP lastwaittype in sysprocesses when doing log restore

• i've posted a link to another post on another forum instead re-itterating the text...

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?p=34568#34568

Any ideas?

ta

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• Swirl80 (9/11/2009)

i've posted a link to another post on another forum instead re-itterating the text...

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?p=34568#34568

Any ideas?

ta

MSQL_XP is the wait type that occurs when a task is executing an extended stored procedure.

MSQL_XP

Occurs when a task is waiting for an extended stored procedure to end. SQL Server uses this wait state to detect potential MARS application deadlocks. The wait stops when the extended stored procedure call ends.

There isnt much informatiopn available but i would try and see if any extended stored procedures are being called, or the backup software uses extended procedures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• thanks for that. Yes SQLBackup does use extended storedprocedures and this is what is issuing the waittype but the question is why? The restore should take seconds not minutes and if i check the status of the restore it says its done, but for some reason that spid is still sat waiting.....

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• Redgate have now opened this as a support request due to no responses on their forum......i'm stumped at the moment with this - am i the only person to get this issue?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply