MS SQL Server 2008 Full Text Engine

• Hi List,

I have been installing MS SQL Server 2008 on several machines. The other day, one of my customers told me that he does not need the full text engine feature. When I wanted to disable the full text engine using MS SQL Server 2008 configuration manager, what I saw was only the Full-Text Filter Daemon Launcher. Now that the full text engine is fully integrated into the database engine, how can I disable it just like I do with other services?

Briefly, how can I disable the full text engine from my SQL Server 2008 Instance?

Many thanks indeed in advance?

Regards

Niyala

• run configuration manager and disable the service.

Dumb me, you had already done that. If it was an option on installation try running the install again to remove that component separately.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• sturner (12/23/2009)

If it was an option on installation try running the install again to remove that component separately.

It is not a separately installable component as it was in SQL Server 2000. In SQL Server 2008 all databases are enabled. Per the BOL: In SQL Server 2008, all user-created databases are always full-text enabled and cannot be disabled.

The best you can do is to disable the services.

[font="Arial Narrow"](PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply