move files from 1 folder to another...

•  Hi all,

So I'm trying to do the simple piece of our current task, i.e. invoke a process ( a batch file), then take the resulting files, and move them to a target location. Seems a fairly easy one to get into....

The execute process triggers off the batch file nicely - no worry there.

I've tried 2 tacks - I've tried to use the file transfer task to 'MOVE DIRECTORY' - it wants to have a new target then, which isn't what I'm looking for atm. There is a COPY DIRECTORY CONTENTS, but no MOVE DIRECTORY CONTENTS - seems like an incomplete set of functionality imho. Not keen on do a COPY and then another DELETE.

Other tack was to try and do a MOVE FILE inside a FOREACH loop - but I'm struggling to do filename/directory name variable use to pass the details to the file system task inside the foreach container.

Where to next, anyone

• just to confirm that the copy and delete does work, although it copies directory and sub-sir, and that doesn't seem configurable. I'm noticing that there seems to be quite a few areas where things haven't necessarily been done consistently (I've definitely seem the enabled/disabling of sub-dir processing somewhere on a task, yet not here), aznd other areas where they don't seem complete - i.e that provide several utilities/tasks, b ut leave out some that you would expect....

• Try the multifile connection manager. It lets you point at multiple files at once (e.g. "*.*")

-Jamie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply