Mounted Volume Displays GUID and not Mounted Volume Path in Windows Server 2012 R2 Cluster

• Hi all,

I've noticed on our new Windows Server 2012 R2 / SQL Server 2014 cluster install where we have used mount points to host the logs and tempdb files in Cluster manager it shows the disk as DiskLabel then the Disk GUID, this is a change of behaviour from our Windows Server 2008 R2 cluster as this shows the mounted volume path. i.e Database-Logs Mounted Volume (F:\MSSQL\MountedDr)

Is this an expected change ? and Windows Server 2012 R2 shows the GUID now rather than the Mounted Volume Path details. Just trying to make sure I have mounted the drive correctly in the Windows Server 2012 R2 Cluster and all the dependencies are correct.

Thanks

Frant

• are you using the new Windows 2012 disk management tool or the old disk management snapin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thanks for the response ;

In Windows 2012 I am searching for Disk Management and then selecting Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions, this opens up Disk Management. About Disk Management tells me its Microsoft and VERITAS software version 1.00

I'm then seeing the GUID rather than the mount point in the Failover Cluster Manager.

Thanks

Frant

• These are shared disks correct?

How are they presented to the server?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Hi,

Yes these are shared disks presented from our SAN. I'm not sure of the technical detail of how the LUNS are presented to the server as this is handled by our technical team but would be the same process that we have used on the Windows Server 2008 R2 cluster where the mount points are displayed in Failover Cluster Manager.

Thanks

Francis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply