Mirroring Time out errors

• Hi Guys,

I am currently getting the following errors on my mirroring standby server:

Database mirroring is inactive for database ' '. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

The mirroring connection to "TCP://servername:5022" has timed out for database " " after 60 seconds without a response. Check the service and network connections.

Error: 1479, Severity: 16, State: 1.

Can anyone pls explain why this error is happening? The errors are appearing but I don't see any failover error messages in the error log.

The witness server has the following error, which I don't get. All the endpoints are setup with Windows authentication and they have access to the sql server:

Database Mirroring login attempt by user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON.' failed with error: 'Connection handshake failed. The login 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' does not have CONNECT permission on the endpoint. State 84.'.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms what this actually means. I have google these errors have not seen a good explanation for these errors yet.

Regards

IC

• What SP level you are on? I am sure this is one of the known errors to me that I have encountered, will let you know. Could you please verify your Service pack please?

• My principal and standby machine has SP3 but the witness has SP2.

Regards

IC

• Imke Cronje (4/20/2009)

My principal and standby machine has SP3 but the witness has SP2.

Regards

IC

I doubt this could be due to network problems as well. How is your network health? Did you check it by increasing the default time out value? Check this out for DB mirrorning problems:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190913.aspx

and also if you dont thin that could be the problem, i found this kb article which could be interesting to you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959006/

If you still dint resolve the problem give us a shout, we would be able to help you out further.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply