Mirror Automatic failover

• Hi Guys,

Need help urgently with regards to mirroring. This morning at 03:00 AM I had an automatic failover from my Principal to standby server.

Errors in error log on principal server:

Database mirroring connection error 4 '10054(An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

Database mirroring is inactive for database ''. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

Error in error log on witness server:

Database mirroring connection error 4 '64(error not found)' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

Database mirroring connection error 2 'Connection attempt failed with error: '10060(error not found)'.' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

Can anyone please explain what these errors mean? I have been googling and have found no solution for this.

Please help!!!

IC

• I dont run witness servers as theres things that can trigger a fail over that you dont really want.

But I've put below what i think is happening.

Errors in error log on principal server:

Database mirroring connection error 4 '10054(An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

Database mirroring is inactive for database ''. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

Looks like this is the principle saying that it has had the prinicipal role taken away.

Error in error log on witness server:

Database mirroring connection error 4 '64(error not found)' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

Database mirroring connection error 2 'Connection attempt failed with error: '10060(error not found)'.' for 'TCP://Principalserver:no'.

The witness server detects that it cannot contact the principle.

I would imagine that following this error on the witness there was notification of the failover and the new principle.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply