migration of SQL 7 server in AD2003 environnement

•  

hi   my company plan to migrate NT environnemen to Active directory 2003 environnement.

We have three SQL server, one SQL 2000 SP3entreprise en 2 SQL 7 servers sp4.

i want to kow if we make an on place migration  if the NT authentification will be ok when we ll have AD 2003  ( i know that there is no problem with SQL2000  but i want to know if there is any problem with NT authentification in AD 2003 environnement with SQL 7 servers ).

thanks about your reponse

olivier blanchard

France

• I have similar question as following:

SQL Server & AD in Windows Server 2003

We are going to upgrade our server (PDC) from NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003.  The new forest will involve several domains and different sites between Boston, NJ, NH and PA.  Does anyone have knowledge of impact if we add SQL Server into new Active Directory in Windows Server 2003?

Best Regards,

Harrison Lee

HLee(Remove)@palisades.com

Harrison Lee
    HCL618@yahoo.com
    908-219-5435

• there are some known issues between SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2003 Server ... you have to make these steps to adjust your server

so what about SQL Server 7?

I recomend that you put SQL Server 7 on Windows 2000 Server ... or first make a test Windows 2003 Server and put SQL Server 7 old DB and see what will happened

I hope this help u

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

• Alamir,

Can you tell me what is the "known issues between SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2003 Server "?

Thanks,

Harrison

Harrison Lee
    HCL618@yahoo.com
    908-219-5435

• you have to install SQL Server SP3a so SQL Server can work

it is recommended to First install WIndows 2003 SP1 and all Windows Update before install SQL Server DB

I hope this help u.

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply