Migration from 6.5 (US_English) to 7.0 (Spanish)

• Hi,

I am trying to unify in one SQL Server 7.0 (Spanish) several databases that currently are in 2 different SQL Servers, one is a 6.5 (US_English language) and the other is a 7.0 (Spanish language).

Due to application restrictions, the new server must be a 7.0.

I have configured the new server in Spanish, populated the databases using DTS, but I have problems with the applications using the database migrated from 6.5 when they manage datetime fields.

Anyone has some experience or advice to help me in solving this problem.

Thanks...Antonio

• Not sure how/why the datetimes would be different. Could you post some sample data or the error message, or both?

Andy

• Andy,

I think we solved it yesterday by reinstalling the SQL Server 7.0 using English language instead of the Spanish, but we are still testing the migration.

I don't see differences in the datetime format when I use the Enterprise Manager or the I-SQL in the different servers, but the the payroll application (made with powerbuilder and migrated its database from 6.5), has an erratic behaviour when the appplication do some simple queries over the tables.

For instance, with a "select * from gr_cot" I get an Arithmethic Overflow SQL Error Code and they are moving numeric fields 5 long to long variables.

If I put this query twice in the program the first one gives an aritmetic overflow and the second gets the values without problems.

Nevertheless, as I told you before it seems that selecting the English localisation option solves the problem. If not, I contact with you again.

Thanks for your support...Antonio

quote:

Not sure how/why the datetimes would be different. Could you post some sample data or the error message, or both?

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply