Migrating SSIS 2016 to SSIS 2022 (Oracle Attunity to Oracle Connector v1.2) LDAP

• We're upgrading from SQL Server 2016 to SQL Server 2022. Our current SSIS packages utilize Oracle Attunity drivers to extract data from an external Oracle database using the LDAP protocol. We have to use Microsoft Oracle Connector v1.2 connection manager with SSIS 2022, which works well with tnsnames.ora when using the TNS_Admin environment variable. However, our enterprise ecosystem requires us to use LDAP instead of tnsnames.

We've tried connecting using the EZ Connect format (e.g., "//test23.test.com:1234/sampleDB"), but it hasn't been successful, and we haven't found a workaround for using LDAP for MS Oracle Connector.

Could you please provide guidance on this matter?

Thank you

___
    Known Is An Drop,Unknown Is An Ocean....
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

• Looking at the docs for the Microsoft Oracle Connector, you can use LDAP for authentication - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/data-flow/oracle-connection-manager?view=sql-server-ver16.

It states that you can pick to use Windows Authentication or Oracle Authentication. Windows Authentication should be LDAP in this case as far as I know.

What I think you may be getting confused by is the TNS Name is the "name of the Oracle database you work with". It has nothing to do with authentication. LDAP is the authentication protocol.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Thank you Brian Gale for your reply, my clarification is about ldap.ora because Oracle Connector is working only with tnsnames.ora. we use Service account to access the oracle database to pull we can't use windows authentication.

___
    Known Is An Drop,Unknown Is An Ocean....
    Njoy Programming
    🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply