Migrating Data from Oracle to SQL Server 2005

• Hi,

I have to migrate Oracle data including tables and all to SQL Server 2005 Database. So, can anybody help me regarding this :

-- Steps for migration

-- How to map the oracle table to sql tables ?

--How to create a DTS Package for data migration ?

Please help me in this issue. I will really appreciate you.

Thanks,

KP

• This are 2 options:-

(1) Visit following website

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/oracle/default.mspx

Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) for Oracle is a free tool for migrating Oracle databases to Microsoft SQL Server 2005. SSMA for Oracle converts Oracle database objects (including stored procedures) to SQL Server database objects, loads those objects into SQL Server, migrates data from Oracle to SQL Server, and then validates the migration of code and data.

(2)

I will recommend to install ORA drivers on SQL Server 2005 or you can use OLE DB for Oracle in SSIS Data Connection. OLE DB Drivers for SQL Servers are available on Oracle website.

Use SQL Server 2005 SSIS to open Data connection for Orcale & Import to Staging Database which will hold all your tables. finally do some massaging on those tables before they can be exported to TEST Database where you can do some testing looking forward to Production Server.

What i mentioned is not that easy but will give you some basic idea. Also make sure that your SQL Server 2005 is atleast on Service Packs 2.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks for your quick reply. But I want to know that how can we map the tables of Oracle to SQL server. For mapping, can we have to prepare some documentation? can you give me some idea, it will really help me.

Thanks & Regards,

KP

• Try downloading the Developer Edition of Sybase PowerDesigner. It supports Oracle and SQL Server for reverse engineering of existing schemas.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Thanks for your reply....

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply