Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.dll

• Hello, do you know how I can get the following dll?: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.dll

I have SSMS 2014 installed on my computer but the following search from the command prompt does not return any results so I know the dll does not exist on my machine: dir Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common*.dll /s

I need this dll in order to dynamically execute SQL scripts from a C# program. I've googled around for it but haven't been able to track it down.

• sqlguy-736318 (3/23/2015)

Hello, do you know how I can get the following dll?: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.dll

I have SSMS 2014 installed on my computer but the following search from the command prompt does not return any results so I know the dll does not exist on my machine: dir Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common*.dll /s

I need this dll in order to dynamically execute SQL scripts from a C# program. I've googled around for it but haven't been able to track it down.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common namespace lives in the assembly: Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo.dll.

So maybe try searching and using that?

• i think you have to extract it from the GAC(Global Area Cache?)

c:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL or %windir%\assembly\GAC_MSIL

you shoyuld see a fodler there with the dll name, IF it is installed.

ie Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common

inside you'll probably find at least three folders, one for each version, ie v10, v11, v12, maybe more.

enter the folder for the version you want and copy paste, or script it with xcopy or robocopy to another fodler.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• The problem is that the dll does not exist on my computer so I need to download it from somewhere or install a program that includes it and copy the dll from the install directory. So does anyone here know where I can download the dll or what program I can install that will include the dll on my machine?

• Ah ha. Figured it out:

The Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common namespace resides in the Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo.dll assembly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply