Microsoft Certified Master Certification - How Do I Get There?

• Ready to take the dive! After 10 years I want to pursue a Microsoft Certified Master Certification. Just got off the Microsoft site, so confusing. Can anybody tell me, IN ENGLISH, how many/what tests I need to take to get there. I get the last two steps, the KNowledge and Lab exam, but what are the prerequisites to get to that point?

• MCTS SQL 2008 developer (Exam 70-433), MCITP SQL 2008 developer (Exam 70-451)

MCTS SQL 2008 administrator (Exam 70-432), MCITP SQL 2008 administrator (Exam 70-450)

And don't underestimate those MCM exams.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks Gila, I will not.

Just wanted to know how to get there. They list a lot of tests and certifications even on their matrix but it looked like to me only those four were required. Thanks for verifying.

• Prerequisite Exams: US$400 (approx)

MCM Exam Fee: US$2,500

Preparation material: per your budget

Preparation time: per your strength

Best of Luck!!! 🙂

• I haven't looked at them, but Brent Ozar has some MCM training videos here[/url].

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Don't know how I missed the Ozar stuff. I check out his site all the time. As I said, I'm 10 years in being a DBA and this is something I was initially not gung ho about but my company will pay most of the costs so why not. Has this made a difference for anybody? Thanks for the help.

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/ff977043.aspx

Those 30-40 vids are really good. Not everything you need to know by a long shot but they give you a good idea of the areas involved and depth of knowledge required.

Im not planning on doing the MCM for another 3-4 years but i still think these videos are really beneficial.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply