Merge Replication SQL Server 2000

• Hi,

I am working on SQL Server 2000 Merge Replication. With One Publisher and 5 Subscribers in which 3 subscribers has been connected to application and other 2 has not been connected to application but it is there in the Replication. When i expand the replication monitor once i click on the publishere we will get the details of the subsribers which will be showing how many inserts , updates and deletes and also the type (in our scenario the type is push) in the last action column we get the information like 20 inserts for few subscribers and 10 updates for few subscribers, along with this information it also gives us the information like Downloaded 100 data changes, uploaded 120 data changes and 200 merged data changes.

Will any one please let me know what exactly means these things and why it says downloaded for few , uploaded for few and merged for few. Please it is very urgent.

With Regards

Dakshin

• Hi,

You should have a read about merge replication 🙂

When the merge agent runs it will apply changes that have been applied elsewhere and show the changes that it is pushing.

So for a subscriber that is attached to an application, this will have data changes Ins/Up/Del and these will be pushed to the publisher. Any changes from other subscribers/publisher will then be merged with this subscriber. So it will be a two stage process, a download and an upload process.

Does this help at all?

Regards

Graeme

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply