MCTS 70-431

• I read a few posts concerning material for the exam preparation. I passed the exam yersterday  whew...I prepared myself with MS Books, Testking Q&A and yes I use SQL 2005 everyday since more than 8 months.

What I want to say is that for MSCE I always used Testking and was all the time very happy. For this exam no one of the question of Testking were nearly closed to the 35 questions I got . Honestly I had the impression I was taking a developer exam and not implementing and maintaining a DB . No questions about installation , very few questions about security and backup. A lot of question evaluating T-SQL statement.

Simulations instead are much more "implementing and maintaining" oriented.

Conclusion: Make sure you feel confident with SSMS, that you manage well syntax about service broker, transactions, aggregate in views.

Good luck to anyone trying....

• Congrats!!

• Hi Friend,

Congrats,

really its great,

can plz send ur preparation docs and dumps plz send my mail-id.

plz do this help to me i am also preparing 70-431 examp that's why plz send me

my mail id is siva.meti@gmail.com

Thanks & Regaurds

sivameti

• The Testking Q&A are protected by a code, as they ask money for it

Check out this link to get the dumps http://www.braindumps.com/70-431.htm and more informations.

However I want to make clear that I am against just learning with dumps, in other words just learning the answer to the questions as a lot of people do.

Do not understand me wrong, but I have seen people passing the SQL 2000 exam, but afterwood unable to answer very simple questions in the real word.

Now, I just do it like this: prepare the exam by reading the MS Self-Paced Training Kit (in this case MS SQL Server 2005 Implementation and Maintenance), doing the scenarios and answering the questions, playing aroung with test environment, reading BOL and at the end go through the tests of Testking just to trainee exams under time pressure.

Normally I takes me 3 months per exam. For SQL I prepared much longer, because I focus on this product and for particular themes I read also BOL more intensive.

Anyway, good luck for you preparation.

Regards,

Moreno

• If I'm not mistaken, wasn't TestKing accused of being a dump a few years ago?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Can be, I don't know. Anyway, at least is not to expensive. In my opinion the Testking-Dumps (an most of them) are just a way to get the exam feeling, answer the questions under time pressure and last but not least (especially for me English is not my mother tongue) a good preparation do "decrypt" the questions.

Preparing for exam just with dumps will generate a certificate only, but no proficency. Real proficency can be achived with working experiance and trying on test systems.....oh well sometimes not only on test systems

BTW Reading and trying to give an answer to the problem posted in this forum is in my opinion an excellent way to learn about MSSQL.

• Hi guys. I just sat and passed this exam yesterday. For several reasons, this was my first Microsoft exam in two years and I was quite impressed with the new simulation component to the test experience.

The exam consisted of two parts, the first part made up of 35 questions and the second part had 15 simulations. Once you finish the first part, I believe you can't go back to it. It was funny because when I first started the test, I was surprised there was only 35 questions and I was thinking, wow, I could be out of here in just over an hour. It wasn't until I completed the first section that I discovered there are 15 more questions, involving simulations and they give you another couple of hours to finish!

I think I can safely say I'm a veteran at taking these exams (I've sat over 15 of them now) and I've found the following preparation strategy works (at least for me)...

• Get yourself one of the self-study books and read it! Try not to drag it out too long otherwise you won't remember some of the chapters you read at the beginning. Plan for no more than two months.

I'm partial to the Microsoft Press offerings since they are laid out nicely and I can use their lesson time estimates to map out my plan. Here's the link for the MSPress 70-431 book...

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9364.aspx

• Find a good test exam vendor. I wasn't going to mention specific vendors but since somebody already did earlier, I'll say that I've used Transcender in the past and they have not let me down.

Plan to take your practice exams the week before the test. After each practice exam, be sure to go through the explanations and jot down areas that you need to work on. Then review those items in Books Online and even better, experiment with them in the actual product.

• Of course, spending time in the product itself is critical. Many of us don't use all components of SQL Server so this means poking around with areas that you may have never seen before. To me, this is the whole point of taking these exams!

With the new generation of Microsoft exams, you need to be sure you know how to do various things in SSMS.

• When you write the exam, stay calm and focused. Read each question carefully and if you don't have a clue, mark it and come back later. Sometimes you find the answer in a subsequent question.

The important thing to remember is to be sure to answer every question, even if you end up guessing.

I realize I'm not commenting specifically on 70-431. I'm not sure what to say ... it was pretty much as expected except my particular exam had fewer XML type questions than I anticipated. This is a weak area for me so I studied it pretty hard.

Good luck!

• TestKing materials are brainDumps..

Also this they(TestKing) are presently being sued by Microsoft for distributing exact copies of microsoft exams.

>>BrainDumps are for losers, and should not be endorsed on this site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply