Matrix Problem or something else...

• Ok, so I am fairly new to RS, and I have an interesting report to recreate. I need to be able to show something that resembles a matrix, but I'm not exactly sure how to make it happen...

The report shows a list of all of the products of a certain type, and the sales by month and year for those products. It goes back five years, and it must include all of the products of the selected types, and a zero if no value appears for that year/month/product combo. Essentially, it should resemble the following:

ThisYear Product LastYear TwoYears ...... 3Year Average

0 Product1 600 250

200 Product2 5000 0

So, how do I get the first column to appear before the product listing? Also, is there any way to get the columns for three year averages added to the matrix, as well? Users want two three year avgs and a full five year avg, but I am not sure exactly how I would append these in a matrix.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated since the way I have worked around it has caused the report execution to take five times longer than usual.

• There is a property on the matrix called GroupsBeforeRowHeader that might do what you want. You will probably have to get the averages into the data set by using SQL then use the matrix to display the data. I don't think you can get a matrix to do the averages very easily on the fly.

Stuart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply