Looking Forward to the PASS Data Community Summit 2023

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Looking Forward to the PASS Data Community Summit 2023

• The team at SQL Solutions Group always have great things to say about Summit!

Trying to figure out the world of SQL as marketing consultant for SQL Solutions Group https://sqlsolutionsgroup.com/

• I'm crossing my fingers that my employer approves my request for funding to go to Summit this year.  My supervisor feels it's almost certain, but...

As a side note for folks who've gone to Summit in Seattle in the past, presuming it's been in the same place, how bad is the walk from the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown to the convention center?  Rental cars are only granted under specific circumstances (and I'd stay closer, but I've got a "menu" of hotels to pick from, this was the closest)

• jasona.work wrote:

I'm crossing my fingers that my employer approves my request for funding to go to Summit this year.  My supervisor feels it's almost certain, but...

As a side note for folks who've gone to Summit in Seattle in the past, presuming it's been in the same place, how bad is the walk from the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown to the convention center?  Rental cars are only granted under specific circumstances (and I'd stay closer, but I've got a "menu" of hotels to pick from, this was the closest)

Good luck

1/2 mile, not too bad

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

I'm crossing my fingers that my employer approves my request for funding to go to Summit this year.  My supervisor feels it's almost certain, but...

Good luck

1/2 mile, not too bad

My supervisor feels it's pretty much a "done deal," although the paperwork is currently crawling its' way through the beauracracy.  Knowing my luck, it'll get approved, but the hotel will be booked up at that point...  LoLbutNot.

Of course, with where I work there's a distinct chance that if the FedGov goes into an extended shutdown next weekend, that may end up being the case...

• [Deleted, duplicated due to stupid work network today]

• [Deleted, duplicated due to stupid work network today]

• Hope you make it, and hope things don't shut down. That's always a mess for many people.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply