Looking for .NET connection testing component

• I'm currently doing some functionality and OAT testing on a new SQL Server MSCS-based cluster. I'm testing the effects of a cluster failover on common activities/processes (e.g. SQL transactions, backups, restores, M/F downloads etc.). As some of the client applications using the clustered instance will be connecting via ADO.NET I could do with a minimalist component that will take login details, open a connection and record the results of our cable yanking. Anybody know of an open source component to do this? (I'm a little pressed for time to write my own).

cheers,

Paul

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Not quite sure of exactly what you are wanting. Did you want the component to continually open and close a connection and log response times etc, or failure messages?

If so I could throw something together if you wanted!!!

• All I really need is something that will establish a connection and record any failures or errors in a log file. Maybe it would be necessary to add a non-impacting query (e.g. "SELECT @@SERVERNAME") to continually "poll" the connection until the failover event(s) are complete. In VB6 and ADO 2.5 it would take me about 10 mins to knock up, but I haven't yet upgraded my old developer skills to .NET yet and plus I can't install .NET studio here as we're still on NT4 for all our workstations. It just seemed to me a pretty common testing task so I thought folks might already have such a component to hand or know of one available for download.

cheers,

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply