Login issue on SQL

• Hi Team,

I have installed SQL server 2012 STD successfully but i missed to add my ID as well as group ID while installing. So now i am not able to connect the SQL server.

Could you please help me how do i add my ID or my Group ID?

Thanks in Advance..

• satish.saidapur (5/31/2015)

Hi Team,

I have installed SQL server 2012 STD successfully but i missed to add my ID as well as group ID while installing. So now i am not able to connect the SQL server.

Could you please help me how do i add my ID or my Group ID?

Thanks in Advance..

Quick suggestion, log on to the server and run SSMS as Administrator, should be able to connect from there.

😎

• Hi,

I have tried run as Administrator but login failed..

Now i fixed the issue.

Stop the all services except SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) --> Right click on propertied --> Advance paramitter --> type -m & select ADD option -- > Just restart SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) (Don't start all services )-- > now Run your SSMS as Administrator.

It will connected and i have add my ID and Group ID.

>>>>

• Eirikur Eiriksson (5/31/2015)

Quick suggestion, log on to the server and run SSMS as Administrator, should be able to connect from there.

Won't help, Administrator is not a default SQL login, not since 2005 or 2008.

There's a safety net to ensure that you can't be locked out of SQL, that requires that SQL's running in single user mode first, then connect as the local administrator (not necessarily run as admin on SSMS, just log into the server as a member of local admins)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply