Log shipping time_since_last_backup

• I am using SQL server 2019, I have a database setup transaction log shipping on Server A, and secondary on Server B.

I have a need to setup another database to also use transaction log shipping, also primary db is on ServerA and secondary is on Server B.

When I setup the Alert monitor instance I put it on the secondary server.

Everything seems running fine, backup, copy and restore all expected and successful,  and at the right time line.

But when I use the transaction log shipping report in SSMS or query EXEC sys.sp_help_log_shipping_monitor, I noticed the time_since_last_backup did not get updated, for example we just ran the 3 jobs, backup, copy and restore which are for the log shipping, but I still see the time_since_last_backup column shows like 1392 minutes, and the other database shows 404615 minutes. the backup threadhold is 489 minutes, so it triggers the job LSAlert_myServer failed.

what could be the problem?

thanks!

• Found out it is an permission issue. Thanks

• Cool! Can you detail a little more for the person who has the same question as you so that they can see the answer too?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• The backup job even shows successful with green icon, but I see in detail it says it does not have permission to delete log/history. So I granted the service account more wide permissions, then the job no longer has errors in detail, and the alert job went well too.

• Excellent! Thanks again. Glad you got it all figured out.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply