log shipping problems

• hai!

while i am creating a log shipping maintenance plan ,i encountered an error

error 14261:the specified primary_server_name.primary_database_name('(') already exists.

I used sp_delete_log_shipping_primary ,sp_delete_log_shipping_secondary ,sp_remove_log_shipping_monitor and again tried.but i got the same error.

Actually,the tables log_shipping_primaries and log_shipping _secondaries donot contain any data.But log_shipping_monitor table has data of the monitor server.

can any body help in this regard?

thanks,

srikanth

• HI ,

you need to manually delete the associated jobs on primary and secondary servers.

Regards,

Amol Lembhe

• mvssrikanth1 (2/20/2008)

Actually,the tables log_shipping_primaries and log_shipping _secondaries donot contain any data.But log_shipping_monitor table has data of the monitor server.

It happened to me also, I'm not sure if there is a cleaner approach, but I just manually delete the data on log_shipping_primaries and log_shipping _secondaries on "both primary and secondary server".

• [font="Verdana"]You need to remove the old entries of the server name, database name from the log shipping system tables. You need to remove the jobs manually and then remove the entries from the below mentioned system tables if any entries are present.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190355.aspx[/font]

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• does anyone have a working script for this problem? I tried all steps but getting the same error message over and over. "Error 14261: The specified primary_server_name.primary_database_name ('D') already exists.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply