Log Shipping

• Hi Guys,

Have a logshipping question. I am setting up LogShipping for the first time and got the following error:

Cannot open backup device 'LocalIP\LogShip\NorthWind.bak' Operation System Error5(Access is Denied). Restore FileList is terminated abnormally.

I am setting it up to backup the whole database first and then restore it onto the secondary server.

Is this error above a permissions issue. What should I change?

Please help.

Regards

IC

• It is an "Operation System Error". That implies the location is not accessable. Either because you don't have accessrights, or because the location doesn't exist / isn't available.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • check the SQL Server Service Account and it is running under?

Make sure this Security account has valid permissions/credentials setup.

• Hi there,

What should I do to fix this? Both the backup and restore folders are shared.

• check to see that the SQL Service account has valid permissions to access/write to these locations. Add the required login(s) to these 2 Folders/locations.

• Be aware that proper permissions needs to be set on two places. First is as share-permissions (when creating the share) and second in the security tab for the access-permissions.

Check the permissions by logging on to Windows with the required account and see if you can access the share.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • Do I check this under Services on Control Panel? What specific am I looking for.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply