Lock pages in Memory

• sachnam (1/12/2011)

To Avail the benefits of Lock Pages in Memory in Sql server Standard Edition it is Mandatory to Enable the Trace Flag 845 REgardless of which Version of sql server you are running.

Only 64-bit, and you must be running at least the minimum build numbers I mentioned before.

• For now I am running:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3282.00 (X64) (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) . Can I lock the page in memory? I am confuse now?

I am waiting to install SP4.

Remy

• Rem70Rem (1/13/2011)

For now I am running:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3282.00 (X64) (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) . Can I lock the page in memory? I am confuse now? I am waiting to install SP4.

The server needs to be at least SP3 with Cumulative Update 4 before you can add the start-up trace flag to enable locked pages on x64 Standard Edition.

So, no, you can't right now. You will be able to once SP4 is applied.

• PLEASE read this carefully before you lock pages in memory:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918483

“You should make additional considerations before you assign the ‘Lock pages in memory’ user right. If you assign this user right on systems that are configured incorrectly, the system may become unstable or experience a performance decrease of the whole system. Additionally, event ID 333 may be logged in the event log.”

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply