Lionk Server Problem

• Gurus,

Here is the situation There are 2 SQL sever database A and B. In database A there is a SQL server link to database B and on B there is an Oracle Link Server to a Oracle database on different machine. I need to access the table from  Oracle Database from SQL server database A. How ?. both SQL Server A and B are on different machines and as I said there is a link server between both Servers. Any help.I can access link server from A to B by following command

Select count(*) from B.BB.DBO.TEMPB But I need to access something like this

Select count(*) from B.BB.ORACLEPROD.SCHEMANAME.TABLENAME

Does anyone has any idea ?.

• Even if there is a way to do it, would you really want to go from one database link from another database link?

My first recommendation would be to install the Oracle client on the server A and create a new database link to Oracle from Server A.

If you want a work-around to do exactly what you want to do.....create a view in a Server B in a database which Server A has permissions. In the view, have it select the table you need to the Oracle server. Then on Server A, do a Select from the view on Server B.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply