Linked server issue

• I am trying to use the security option Be made using the login's current security context to setup linked server. I have two server A and B and I have sysadmin rights on both the boxes. I have setup linked server from A to B and B to A using the above setting. I can run the cross communication queries from A to B but the cross communication queries fail from B to A with error login failed for NT Authority\Anonymous login. I can add impersonate my domain account with sql server acct to make it work. But I am trying find the exact reason behind this behavior

• I'm guessing it is some subtle discrepancy between server A and server B accounts and logins that cause the current security context to be different.

What are the types of accounts used for the SQL Server service startup account in each server?

What are the types of logins used to connect to each server when you are testing the linked-server query?

Are both servers joined to the domain?

• Both servers are in domain.

I am trying to connect using my windows credentials. I can communicate from both the servers using sql server account.

Both servers are using same service account to run the sql services.

• Ok, there's probably a SPN setting problem in one of your servers?

Check out here and here.

• What version of SQL & Windows it is ?

Are you trying from your Management studio client from your desktop or by remotely logging into the server?

If it is SQL/Windows 2008 or later, it is a double HOP issue.

Check this out.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg723715.aspx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply