Linked server error

• OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "hqsqlsrv01" returned message "Unspecified error".

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "hqsqlsrv01" returned message "The stored procedure required to complete this operation could not be found on the server. Please contact your system administrator.".

Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_TABLES_INFO" for OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "hqsqlsrv01". The provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.

-> Can some one suggest how to go about with this error message.

I added the linked server and then was trying to run the query.

select * from hqsqlsrv01.CRMCredit_ODS.dbo.CCard

A Inner Join hqsqlsrv01.CRMCreditCard_ODS.dbo.CCard B

ON A.CCardD=B.CCardID

• Does the account you are using have appropriate permissions on Master on the target server? Bear in mind thaht datareader and datawriter are not sufficient to access system sp's / tables / views in many cases. It's also worth checking that you don't have a situation where the login has access via both a group and individually.

I'm a DBA.
    I'm not paid to solve problems. I'm paid to prevent them.

• As per an article, You will receive this error message when you try to run distributed queries from a 64-bit SQL Server 2005 client to a linked 32-bit SQL Server 2000 server or to a linked SQL Server 7.0 server

To fix this issue you must install SQL Server 2000 SP3 or SQL Server 2000 SP4.

-Rajini

• rajiniforu (8/11/2008)

As per an article, You will receive this error message when you try to run distributed queries from a 64-bit SQL Server 2005 client to a linked 32-bit SQL Server 2000 server or to a linked SQL Server 7.0 server

To fix this issue you must install SQL Server 2000 SP3 or SQL Server 2000 SP4.

-Rajini

Thanks ..think its a bug...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply